Job Description: Bulkmatic Transport Company
is seeking a full-time Mobile Diesel Technician based out of our Easton, PA
This position pays up to $35 per Hour
based on experience.
As a mechanic for Bulkmatic, you will perform maintenance (scheduled and unscheduled) on company owned tractors and trailers,and other equipment as needed / necessary. This position requires working outdoors in all types of weather.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Tractor repairs
- Trailer repairs
- Support equipment repairs
- Inspections (scheduled / unscheduled / DOT)
- Perform inspections on company owned equipment
- Sign off on DOT inspections
- Perform DOT brake inspections and repairs (air brakes)
- Repair air conditioning systems as needed
- Charge parts out into the company's computer system
- Read, troubleshoot, and repair electronic diesel engines
- Read and understand equipment electrical circuits and diagrams
- Troubleshoot and repair air brake systems
- Be familiar with DOT out-of-service criteria
- Know how to operate a torque wrench
- Safely operate shop supplied heavy duty tools
- Safely drive company owned equipment
- Travel is required. There will be occasional out of town stays.
- Ability to work overtime when needed.
- A minimum of one year of experience in the operation and repair of tractor (class 8), and trailers (air brakes) inspection / repairs within a fleet, state, or federal (including Armed Forces) shop environment.
- At least one year of Mobile Technician experience.
- Two year degree with a leading technical college in the repair of diesel engines is preferred.
- A valid driver's license
We offer a comprehensive benefits package to all full time employees including paid vacation and holidays, Medical, Dental and Vision insurance, 401k with employer match, and life insurance among other benefits.