Job Description: In this position as an Entry Level Technician, you will be provided hands-on training and resources to be able to perform repairs on newer model year tractors and trailers, and other equipment as needed / necessary. You will be taught how to use the tools and equipment necessary to perform DOT Inspections and repairs to Foundation Air Drum or Air Disc Brakes. In this position, you will become qualified as a DOT & Brake Inspector certified technician after the first 12 months of training while working under supervision. The ideal candidate is someone who is looking for a company that can help develop and advance their careers.
This position is located at Bulkmatic's shop in Columbus, OH which is part of our in-house fleet maintenance network with 22 shop locations around the country.
PAY: Up to $26/Hr based on experience.
Job Requirements: MAJOR RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Tractor repairs
- Trailer repairs
- Support equipment repairs
- Inspections (scheduled / unscheduled / DOT)
- Perform inspections on company owned equipment
- Sign off on DOT inspections
- Perform DOT brake inspections and repairs (air brakes)
- Repair air conditioning systems as needed
- Charge parts out into the company's computer system
- Read, troubleshoot, and repair electronic diesel engines
- Read and understand equipment electrical circuits and diagrams
- Troubleshoot and repair air brake systems
- Be familiar with DOT out-of-service criteria
- Know how to operate a torque wrench
- Safely operate shop supplied heavy duty tools
- Safely drive company owned equipment
- Must have own tools
BENEFITSWe offer a comprehensive benefits package to all full-time employees including paid vacation and holidays, Medical, Dental and Vision insurance, 401k with employer match, and life insurance among other benefits.
- 6 months of mechanical experience is preferred, but not required
- 6 months of technical or trade school in related field is preferred, but not required