Job Description: At Bulkmatic you are more than just a truck driver. You'll operate pneumatic equipment, manage relationships with customers and be empowered to make the right decisions for your deliveries - All while being part of a team that leads in the dry bulk shipping industry.
We are offering a rotating 4 On/ 4 Off schedule with guaranteed home time on the 4 Off. At our Coucil Bluffs location, the home time for our drivers on the 4 On/ 4 Off can be home every night or can be out a few nights during the 4 ON shift. Drivers on this shift currently average 1 night out per shift. Bulkmatic provides hotel rooms and a per diem for overnight stays. Weekend work is required when the 4-On rotation covers a weekend.
Drivers on the 4 On/ 4 Off schedule can now expect to average between $90,000 - $100,000 per year.
We are currently offering a $10,000 BONUS at this location
About the Job:
Being a driver for Bulkmatic is a more physical job than driving for many other companies. Two-thirds of your time will be driving. The rest of the time will be loading, unloading using the pneumatic systems and interacting with customers. We have extensive training on our safety procedures and the pneumatic equipment. No Pneumatic Experience Required.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package to all full time employees including paid vacation and holidays, Medical, Dental and Vision insurance, 401k with employer match, and life insurance among other benefits.
Job Requirements: At this location, a HazMat endorsement is preferred, but not required.
Minimum Driver Requirements:
- Minimum Age 23
- Class A CDL
- Valid Class A CDL in the State that you reside in or in cases of recent relocation the ability to change license within 30 days.
- 1 year of Class A tractor-trailer experience
- Military driving experience considered.
- Experience must be within the past 5 years; in the past 3 years preferred.
- HazMat Endorsement preferred at some locations
- Must fulfill all Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration Requirements
- Must possess a valid medical certificate
- Must not be disqualified to drive a commercial motor vehicle
- No more than 3 moving violations in the past 3 years
- No alcohol or drug related violations with the past 5 years.
- No Reckless driving convictions within the past 3 years
- No DOT Preventable accidents including: Head on, Rollover, Rear End, Jackknife, Struck Side of other vehicle in the past 3 years
- No more than 1 Preventable road accident in the past 3 years
- No more than a combination of 1 Preventable road accident and 1 Preventable off road accident in past 3 years
- No more than 2 Preventable off road accidents in the past 3 years.
- Ability to accurately complete required paperwork and data entry
- No Tanker or Hazmat Endorsements Required
Specific Physical Requirements:
- Lifting/ carrying- hoses up to 50 lbs in weight.
- Climbing- in/out of tractor, on top of trailers and railcars
- Pushing and Pulling
- Bending and Crouching
- Walking and Standing
- Sitting for up to 11 hours daily
- Manual Dexterity
- Must be able to work outside in various weather conditions