Job Description: At Bulkmatic you are more than just a truck driver. You'll operate pneumatic equipment, manage relationships with customers and be empowered to make the right decisions for your deliveries - All while being part of a team that leads in the dry bulk shipping industry.
We are offering a rotating 4 On/ 4 Off schedule with guaranteed home time on the 4 Off.Our drivers in Birmingham do a combination of local and regional work. Drivers on this schedule should expect to be on the road 1 to 2 nights during their 4 On. There may be times when the driver is home during the 4 On, but this is not guaranteed. Weekend work is required when the 4 On rotation covers a weekend.
Drivers on the 4 On/ 4 Off schedule are expected to average $1150- $1500 per week. Or an average of $70,000 annually.
At our Birmingham location, we are currently offering a $5,000 sign-on bonus.
About the Job:
Being a driver for Bulkmatic is a more physical job than driving for many other companies. Two-thirds of your time will be driving. The rest of the time will be loading, unloading using the pneumatic systems and interacting with customers. We have extensive training on our safety procedures and the pneumatic equipment. No Pneumatic Experience Required.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package to all full time employees including paid vacation and holidays, Medical, Dental and Vision insurance, 401k with employer match, and life insurance among other benefits.
Job Requirements: Minimum Driver Requirements:
*After employment all Bulkmatic drivers must adhere to the above standards or driving privileges will be suspended. Accidents are subject to the Accident point system. Bulkmatic reserves the right to go beyond these standards if public safety is threatened.No Tanker or Hazmat Endorsements RequiredSpecific Physical Requirements:
- Minimum Age 23
- Class A CDL
- Valid Class A CDL in the State that you reside in or in cases of recent relocation the ability to change license within 30 days.
- 1 year of Class A tractor-trailer experience
- Military driving experience considered.
- Experience must be within the past 5 years; in the past 3 years preferred.
- HazMat Endorsement preferred at some locations
- Must fulfill all Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration Requirements
- Must possess a valid medical certificate
- Must not be disqualified to drive a commercial motor vehicle
- No more than 3 moving violations in the past 3 years
- No alcohol or drug related violations with the past 5 years.
- No Reckless driving convictions within the past 3 years
- No DOT Preventable accidents including: Head on, Rollover, Rear End, Jackknife, Struck Side of other vehicle in the past 3 years
- No more than 1 Preventable road accident in the past 3 years
- No more than a combination of 1 Preventable road accident and 1 Preventable off road accident in past 3 years
- No more than 2 Preventable off road accidents in the past 3 years.
- Ability to accurately complete required paperwork and data entry
- Lifting/ carrying- hoses up to 50 lbs in weight.
- Climbing- in/out of tractor, on top of trailers and railcars
- Pushing and Pulling
- Bending and Crouching
- Walking and Standing
- Sitting for up to 11 hours daily
- Manual Dexterity
- Must be able to work outside in various weather conditions