Chicago Heights North, IL - Fabricator/ Welder: Trailer Mechanic
Bulkmatic Transport Company is seeking a full-time Fabricator/ Welder: Trailer Mechanic for our shop located in Chicago Heights, IL. The Trailer Mechanic is responsible for repairing and maintaining Bulkmatic's pneumatic trailer fleet. Welding and Fabrication are important skills necessary in this role. The Fabricator/Welder:Trailer Mechanic reports to the Shop Lead.
- Aluminum Welding and Repairs. Will address the structural and operating elements of the equipment including troubleshooting, diagnosis and testing of units to ensure it is in safe and acceptable working condition. This will include executing expert repairs on various vessels.
- Complete Required Data Elements. Responsible for maintaining accurate and timely paperwork regarding all completed work. Ability to successfully enter work order data in company software systems as required. Responsible for properly archiving and/or filing e-mail notices and field communications as need for reference and audit purposes. Will gather and evaluate quotes from contractors and outside vendors as needed. Will recommend most cost effective course of action for repairs based on knowledge and quoted service and oversee work complete by outside vendors. Effectively maintain all inventory including ordering and accounting requirements.
- Report Discrepancies. Responsible for actively observing, identifying and/or communicating maintenance and mechanical concerns and/or hazards that require service to appropriate personnel. Concerns and observations include equipment from other Bulkmatic facilities.
- Comply with Safety Requirements. Will personally operate in a manner that is consistent with safe operations on the job, including maintaining a safe and orderly work area. Will comply with all company rules, policies and procedures, including participation at required safety meetings and adherence to the uniform program.
- Has the ability to perform basic tractor / trailer general maintenance and repairs, including, but not limited to welding.
- May need to drive tractor / trailer in/out of the shop or through facility parking lot.
- Ability to speak, write and comprehend the English language in accordance with all safety related regulations and product specifications to avoid product contaminations in addition to processing paperwork for invoicing, billing, etc.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment physical and drug screen.
- Have the ability to do physical type work, at the medium level, which may include but limited to lifting up to 50 pounds, spending time bending, climbing and stooping.
- Has own tools
- CDL with endorsements a plus
- Proficient with Arc Welder, MIG, TIG, and Aluminum Welding
- Must have knowledge in Preventative Maintenance (PM's), Electrical, Suspension, Airbrake, Diagnostic and Repair skills
- Pneumatic/Tanker experience a plus