Job Description: At Bulkmatic you are more than just a truck driver. You'll operate pneumatic equipment, manage relationships with customers and be empowered to make the right decisions for your deliveries - All while being part of a team that leads in the dry bulk shipping industry.
When a driver hires at the Ambridge location, the driver may need to train at one of our surrounding terminals in Pennsylvania or Ohio. Drivers who are asked to train remotely will be at the training location Monday to Friday and will be home on weekends. Since we are asking you to stay out during the week for training, we are offering a $50 per day meal allowance.
Upon completion of training you will be working out of our Ambridge, PA facility!
After training, drivers are expected to be out about 1 night per week. When a driver is on the road overnight, Bulkmatic pays for your hotel room and offers a per diem. Drivers can expect to run a primarily Monday- Friday schedule doing Dedicated lanes out of one shipping location. When a driver picks up a sixth day, Bulkmatic pays extra for weekend work.
Drivers can expect to average $90,000 per year.
We are currently offering a $5,000 bonus to driver hires at this location.
About the Job:
Being a driver for Bulkmatic is a more physical job than driving for many other companies. Two-thirds of your time will be driving. The rest of the time will be loading, unloading using the pneumatic systems and interacting with customers. We have extensive training on our safety procedures and the pneumatic equipment. No Pneumatic Experience Required.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package to all full time employees including paid vacation, holidays, Medical, Dental and Vision insurance, 401k with employer match, and life insurance among other benefits.
Job Requirements: Minimum Driver Requirements:
*After employment all Bulkmatic drivers must adhere to the above standards or driving privileges will be suspended. Accidents are subject to the Accident point system. Bulkmatic reserves the right to go beyond these standards if public safety is threatened.No Tanker or Hazmat Endorsements RequiredSpecific Physical Requirements:
- Minimum Age 23
- Class A CDL
- Valid Class A CDL in the State that you reside in or in cases of recent relocation the ability to change license within 30 days.
- 1 year of Class A tractor-trailer experience
- Military driving experience considered.
- Experience must be within the past 5 years; in the past 3 years preferred.
- HazMat Endorsement preferred at some locations
- Must fulfill all Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration Requirements
- Must possess a valid medical certificate
- Must not be disqualified to drive a commercial motor vehicle
- No more than 3 moving violations in the past 3 years
- No alcohol or drug related violations with the past 5 years.
- No Reckless driving convictions within the past 3 years
- No DOT Preventable accidents including: Head on, Rollover, Rear End, Jackknife, Struck Side of other vehicle in the past 3 years
- No more than 1 Preventable road accident in the past 3 years
- No more than a combination of 1 Preventable road accident and 1 Preventable off road accident in past 3 years
- No more than 2 Preventable off road accidents in the past 3 years.
- Ability to accurately complete required paperwork and data entry
- Lifting/ carrying- hoses up to 50 lbs in weight.
- Climbing- in/out of tractor, on top of trailers and railcars
- Pushing and Pulling
- Bending and Crouching
- Walking and Standing
- Sitting for up to 11 hours daily
- Manual Dexterity
- Must be able to work outside in various weather conditions