Job Description: Bulkmatic Transport Company
is seeking a full-time Diesel Mechanic
for our Easton, PA
location. The available position is on 1st Shift.
This position pays up to $32 per hour
As a mechanic for Bulkmatic, you will primarily perform maintenance (scheduled and unscheduled) on company owned trailers and equipment as needed / necessary.
Job Requirements: MAJOR RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Tractor and Trailer repairs
- Support equipment repairs
- Inspections (scheduled / unscheduled / DOT)
- Perform inspections on company owned equipment
- Sign off on DOT inspections
- Perform DOT brake inspections and repairs (air brakes)
- Charge parts out into the company's computer system
- Read and understand equipment electrical circuits and diagrams
- Troubleshoot and repair air brake systems
- Knowledge of DOT out-of-service criteria
- Know how to operate a torque wrench
- Safely operate shop supplied heavy duty tools
- Welding experience preferred
- Safely drive company owned equipment
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in the operation and repair of tractor (class 8), and trailers (air brakes) inspection / repairs within a fleet, state, or federal (including Armed Forces) shop environment.
- And/Or two year degree with a leading technical college in the repair of diesel engines is preferred.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package to all full time employees including paid vacation and holidays, Medical, Dental and Vision insurance, 401k with employer match, and life insurance among other benefits.