Job Description: Bulkmatic is hiring a Truck Loader to work at our railyard in Bethlehem, PA. Loaders are responsible for loading dry product from a railcar into a dry bulk trailer using the pneumatic vac systems while avoiding spills and contaminations. No pneumatic experience required
. We offer extensive training.
This position pays $21 per hour plus Benefits
and is on 1st Shift.
The loading position requires physical work in an outdoor environment. Loaders will work in all types of weather conditions, drive a tractor trailer around the yard (no CDL required) and use the pneumatic systems to load the trailer. They can expect to climb in and out of the tractor multiple times per day. When loading a trailer, the loader will connect hoses, which weigh 50 lbs.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Ability to speak, write and comprehend the English language.
- Ability to perform basic math computations (addition and subtraction)
- Ability to process paperwork for invoicing, billing, etc.
- Ability to follow safety related regulations and product specifications to avoid product contaminations.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment physical and drug screen.
- Ability to handle physical work at least 8 hours daily at the medium exertion level, which may require lifting up to 50 pounds several times a day.
- Ability to trans load product from one container to another avoiding spills and contaminations. Bend, stoop, climb, walk, sit and do medium effort work for at least 8 hours during shift.
- Frequent climbing in and out of cab of tractor.
- Frequent bending stooping and climbing to inspect tractor and trailer per DOT regulations.
- Must be able to work outdoors, in any weather, be able to climb 30 to 50 feet without fear of heights, and walk on top of trailers or within the yard and terminal.
- Maintain all paperwork accurately which requires verifying numbers, and identification of loads to assure correct load is being transferred or loaded.
- Report discrepancies or problems to supervisors as noted. uniform, and wearing proper safety gear and apparel.
- Ability to follow both written and verbal instructions, and to satisfactorily communicate with other drivers, customers or workers.
- Ability to drive equipment around the yard.
- Perform overtime as needed, and work overtime on weekends.
- Attend safety meetings.
- Work at least 40 hours/week, sometimes with fluctuating hours and days of the week as needed.
- Ability to work on your own and be self-motivated in completing job assignments.
Education: High School diploma or (GED) is required
We offer a comprehensive benefits package to all full time employees including paid vacation and holidays, Medical, Dental and Vision insurance, 401k with employer match, and life insurance among other benefits.